- Call Lone Star Legal Aid at 409-835-4971 to apply for services during scheduled intake hours.
- Telephone intake is scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 AM – 10 AM for family law issues and 9 AM – 11 AM for other civil issues.
- The Pro Bono Program does not employ staff attorneys and cannot give legal advice of any kind.
- The Program relies on local attorneys who donate their time and expertise to those in need.
- The processing time between the intake of the application and initial contact with an attorney is approximately four to six weeks, but may be longer depending on the demand.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants must be at or below 125 % of the poverty guidelines set by the federal government.
- Applicants must be a resident of Hardin, Jefferson, Liberty, or Orange Counties.
- Applicants must be United States citizens or properly documented non-citizens.
- Applications are screened for financial eligibility and other requirements by Lone Star Legal Aid, which makes the final determination of eligibility for the program.
TYPES OF CASES HANDLED
- Family Law: divorce, custody, adoption, name change, guardianship
- Welfare and Income Assistance: food stamps, social security, veterans’ benefits,
- Employment: wage claims, unlawful termination
- Health Care: Medicaid, Medicare, nursing home issues
- Consumer: debt collection abuse, bankruptcy, deceptive trade practices
- Housing: eviction, landlord issues
- Neighborhood Issues
- Public Education
- Miscellaneous: estate planning, Emergency end of life planning
- License Issues
The program does not handle criminal cases, accident claims, personal injury, wrongful death, or other fee-generating types of cases.
1001 Pearl St
Beaumont, TX 77701
United StatesPhone: (409) 835-4971