Skip to main content

Name Change of an Adult

This information is intended for Texans seeking information about adult name changes. Though most name changes require a court order, certain instances (e.g., typographical or spelling errors) allow a person to amend a birth certificate through the Texas Vital Statistics office without a court order. The self-help guides and articles below will aid you in changing an adult's name.