Protective Order Kit - Forms and Instructions
PLEASE BE CAREFUL
Anyone who uses your computer can see what websites and pages you have visited. You cannot completely clear it. If you think this may happen, please use a safer computer, call your local shelter; Crime Victims at (844) 303-7233; or the National Domestic Violence Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE (7233) or TTY: (800) 787-3224.
What is a Protective Order?
A protective order is a court order that can protect you from someone who has been violent or threatened to be violent.
Can I use these forms to get a protective order?
You can use this kit yourself, to ask a court for a protective order. These court forms have been approved by the Supreme Court of Texas. This means that you can file these forms in any county in Texas.
The kit contains:
- Step-by-step instructions and
- Forms that you can use to ask the court for a protective order yourself.
For more information on organizations that may be able to help you try contacting:
- Family Violence Legal Line: 800-374-HOPE (4673). Click here for more information on this service.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline. Click here for more information on this service.
- AVOICE at the Texas Legal Services Center. Click here for more information on this service.
To find a legal aid program, in your area, click here.
You can also ask your local district or county attorney’s office for help as well.
Special thanks to the Texas Bar Foundation for providing a grant for this kit.