hide my visit

Notice of Disagreement - Veterans Disability Compensation

From the VA Website:

How do I use this standard Notice of Disagreement (NOD) form?

You must use this form if you wish to indicate that you disagree with a decision you received regarding your claim for disability compensation. Examples of these decisions may include entitlement to service connection, percentage of evaluation assigned, and effective date among other things. This form is the only way that you can initiate an appeal from a decision on your claim for disability compensation.

Where can I get help?

You can ask the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to help you fill out the form by contacting us at 1-800-827-1000. Before you contact us, please make sure you gather the necessary information and materials, and complete as much of the form as you can.

You can also contact your representative, if applicable, for assistance with completing this form. If you do not already have a representative, you can find a list of approved Veterans Service Organizations at www.va.gov/vso. You can be represented by a Veterans Service Organization representative, an attorney-at-law, or "agent". Contact your local RO for assistance with appointing a representative
or visit www.ebenefits.va.gov. 

We did not develop this form. It was developed by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.

Accordingly, we are providing a link to their website below for the form. 

Click Here



VA Form 21-0958
This relates to the following area(s) |