hide my visit

I-192, Application for Advanced Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant - Forms and Instructions

Form developed by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, all text reproduced from the corresponding website. 

Purpose of the Forms

This form allows inadmissible nonimmigrant aliens to apply for advance permission to temporarily enter the United States.

Who Should File the Form?

The form should be filed if you are an inadmissible alien in one of the following categories:

  •     Inadmissible nonimmigrant already in possession of appropriate documents;
  •     Applicant for T nonimmigrant status; or
  •     Applicant for U nonimmigrant status

Note: If you are seeking admission under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) pursuant to INA section 217, you should NOT file this form. Aliens from VWP countries who are inadmissible must apply for a nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or consulate for authorization to travel. You should contact the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate if you have any questions regarding your admissibility under VWP.


It is NOT advised that you complete these applications on your own.

The legal definitions according to U.S. immigration law of a trafficking experience and of a trafficking survivor are very nuanced.

Many immigration nonprofits in your area provide experienced immigration attorney who will legally represent you in your T visa application for low cost or no cost at all.

These nonprofits will also represent you as you petition your family members.

Click here to search our Find Legal Help directory to find organizations that may be able to help. 

Forms and Instructions

Click Here for Form I-192

CLICK here for instructions for Form I-192

More Information

Click HERE for more information


This relates to the following area(s) |