hide my visit

Whom do I contact for help with applying for a Sexual Assault Protective Order?

  • You can start by contacting your local county and district attorney’s office. They may apply on your behalf.
    • Note: You may also contact the county or district attorney’s offices in the county in which the respondent lives or where the assault occurred. You are eligible to apply for a protective order in any one of these counties.
  • You can also contact free legal aid organizations listed in our Legal Help directory they can apply for you as well.
  • You can hire a private attorney to apply for a sexual assault protective order for you.
  • You can also apply for a sexual assault protective order on your own with the forms included in this packet (this is called applying “pro se”).
This relates to the following area(s) |