hide my visit

Who can file a Motion for TRO when a child needs immediate protection from a conservator?


Any person who has standing to file a Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship (“SAPCR”), Modification, or Enforcement can file a Motion for TRO. For information on standing, you can refer back to the Original SAPCR, Modification or Enforcement kits on TexasLawHelp.  

Keep in mind that a TRO cannot be filed on its own; it must be filed along with an Original SAPCR, Modification, or Enforcement, or filed into an active SAPCR, Modification, or Enforcement case.  

Every case is different, but in general, the person filing the Motion for TRO is also the person who wants to have managing conservatorship of the child and who plans to keep them safe from the other parent or both parents.