hide my visit

When am I authorized to work as an immigrant?

Your ability to work lawfully in the United States depends on your immigration status. Naturalized citizens, lawful permanent residents, and refugees can work freely without restriction. All other types of immigrants, however, must apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), which is often called a work permit, before they are allowed to work. 

This relates to the following area(s) |