hide my visit

What is a venue transfer?

Note: This FAQ only applies to civil (not family law) cases that are in a district court or county court at law. It also does not apply to justice court.

When a judge transfers venue, your case is moved to a court in a different county. You can ask a judge to transfer venue by filing a Motion to Transfer Venue and Notice of Hearing.

This relates to the following area(s) |