hide my visit

What if I need orders right away?

If you need orders right away, you may ask a judge to make a temporary restraining order (TRO) and/or temporary orders. A temporary restraining order lasts until you can have a temporary orders hearing. Temporary orders typically last until the divorce is finished. Get more information here: Temporary Orders & Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs).

Note: A family violence protective order is different from a temporary restraining order. If you need a family violence protective order, you can call organizations such as Crime Victims at (844) 303-7233, or the National Domestic Violence 24 Hour Hotline at (800) 799-SAFE (7233).


This relates to the following area(s) |