hide my visit

My landlord is evicting me. Would a reasonable accommodation help?

The first step is to ask for a reasonable accommodation. This does not have to be in writing, but it is better if you put it in writing (and keep a copy for your records).

  • It should normally tell the landlord or property manager
  • the nature of your disability, and should ask for a reasonable accommodation or other assistance in order to stay in the housing. It is best if you give an example of an accommodation that you think is reasonable, and that you think would work to fix the problems. 

See Eviction and Reasonable Accommodations in Texas by Disability Rights Texas. The original article is here.


This relates to the following area(s) |