hide my visit

I am concerned about the health or safety of my child when they visit the other parent. Can I refuse to follow the visitation schedule in my court order?

If you choose not to follow your court order regarding visitation, the noncustodial parent could file to enforce the order. If you believe the order should be changed, then you can file a modification case. If you are concerned about the health or safety of your child with the other parent, you should consult with an attorney. If you need help finding a lawyer, you can:

  • Use our Legal Help Finder to search for a lawyer referral service, legal aid office or self-help center in your area.
  • Check our Legal Clinic Calendar to learn if there is an upcoming legal clinic near you.
  • Use Ask a Question to chat online with a lawyer or law student. 


This relates to the following area(s) |