hide my visit

Does having the temporary right to care for a child give me custody?

No, a temporary authorization order under Texas Family Code chapter 35 is not the same thing as having custody. Please read Texas Family Code chapter 35.007(d).  If you are not a parent and need to learn more about filing for custody (“conservatorship” under Texas law), please review (SAPCR) I need a custody order. I am not the child’s parent.

This relates to the following area(s) |