hide my visit

Do all undocumented students pay out-of-state tuition rates for college?

It depends on the state where you go to college. The Texas Dream Act of 2001 provides in-state tuition at Texas colleges and universities for undocumented students if they meet certain requirements:

  • Graduated from a Texas high school, or earned a high school equivalency diploma (GED) in Texas.
  • Lived in Texas for three years before enrolling in a Texas higher education institution.
  • Signed an affidavit (sworn statement) saying that they will seek legal residency as soon as possible.


This relates to the following area(s) |