hide my visit

Can inmates' family members file grievances?

Unfortunately, only juvenile offenders may have others submit grievances on their behalf. Grievance forms are available on the Texas Juvenile Justice Department website for parents, guardians, and youth advocates to submit.

If you are not a juvenile, your family members can contact the following offices to assist you with problems:

Contacting the above offices will not contribute to the specified need to exhaust administrative remedies for the purposes of filing a lawsuit. The grievance process must still be followed.


This relates to the following area(s) |