hide my visit

Can I challenge an AOP signed by someone else if I think I’m the child’s true genetic father?

No. But you may ask a court to order that you are the child’s legal father by filing a paternity case if you didn’t sign the AOP (or any accompanying DOP) and:

  • it has been less than 4 years since the effective date of the AOP, or
  • the AOP is void.

Use this toolkit to ask for a paternity order: I need a paternity order.

If you have questions, use Ask a Question to chat with a lawyer online.

This relates to the following area(s) |