hide my visit

Can I “take back” my Acknowledgment of Paternity (AOP) or Denial of Paternity (DOP)?

You can rescind an AOP or DOP you signed if you file a Rescission of Acknowledgment of Paternity form with the Texas Vital Statistics Unit:

  • before the 60th day after the effective date of the Acknowledgment or Denial of Paternity, and
  • before a court case about the child is filed. 

If you don’t meet the deadline to rescind, you may be able to challenge an AOP or DOP you signed by filing a court case in the county where the child lives.

Learn more here: How to Take Back (Rescind or Challenge) an AOP or DOP

This relates to the following area(s) |