Office of Consumer Relations - Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Process for Handling Questions and Complaints
- The Department always lets you know that it received your complaint.
- It reviews your complaint and tell you what it finds—within the limits of confidentiality laws; and it can recommend ways to correct issues when warranted.
- It conducts formal reviews of a CPS investigation when the investigation concludes a person abused or neglected a child. This is handled through the OCR Review process.
How Do You Contact the OCR?
- Call (800) 720-7777 during regular business hours.
- Online Form: Send your questions or complaints by filling in the required information on the Inquiry & Complaint Form
- Fax: 512-339-5892
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Office of Consumer Affairs Y-946, Department of Family and Protective Services
Post Office Box 149030
Austin, TX 78714-9030United States