Immigrants Rights Hotline
The Immigrants Rights Hotline is a source of timely and accurate information about changing immigration policies, a place to report and racial profiling, and a source for referrals to legal services providers and immigrant rights organizers.
The Hotline is a project of the Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative, Boat People SOS, BakerRipley, United We Dream, Houston Volunteer Lawyers, and the ACLU of Texas.
Call (833) HOU-IMMI [833-468-4664]. The hotline is staffed Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (except holidays).
Callers can get help with:
- general questions about current immigration laws, rules, and regulations, including the Executive Orders on immigration issues
- rights immigrants have regarding their legal status and immigration enforcement
- immigration legal services from a nonprofit organization or attorney
- reporting enforcement activities
- locating and getting legal assistance for people who have been detained
- reports of hate incidents or