Montogmery County Women's Center
Computer use can be monitored. If you are worried that researching your options might endanger you, delete your history, and hide phone records of contacting legal aid.
24 - HOUR CRISIS HOTLINE
By calling the hotline, you gain access to:
- Information and referrals to a wide range of community resources
- Crisis intervention for victims of violence or families/friends
- Shelter for victims of family violence and their dependent children available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- After hours emergency and urgent contact with representatives of the Women’s Center
- An advocate to accompany you to hospitals or court appearances
- Information about legal services on divorce, child custody, and protective order issues
We are unique among domestic violence organizations in providing legal services. Our State Bar licensed attorneys provide free legal representation to eligible victims of family and sexual violence.
Our attorneys provide advice and representation in the areas of:
- Protective orders
- Divorce involving risk of harm:
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Property division
- Lawsuits affecting parent-child relationship when there is a risk of harm
- Child Support
- Assistance with Crime Victim’s Compensation application
As the protective order cases take priority over all other matters, the attorneys provide representation on divorce cases and suits affecting the parent-child relationship on a case by case basis.
For more information about legal services, please call our Legal Assistant: 936-441-4044 ext 38
Sexual Assault Services
Most of our services are free of charge:
Click each button to learn more about the other services provided by the Montgomery County Women's Center
English, Spanish, For Other Languages Interpreters are available upon request.