Skip to main content

Reclamos menores

Small claims are cases filed in the justice court system (also referred to as justice of the peace courts) in Texas. Justice courts provide a more informal setting than the district or county courts, so parties will often represent themselves rather than hiring a lawyer. Justice courts also handle landlord–tenant disputes such as evictions and repairs. This section guides you through small claims court.