The South Texas Pro Bono Asylum Representation Project (ProBAR) provides high quality pro bono legal services to immigrants and asylum seekers who have been detained in South Texas by the United States government. Our staff has expertise in representing children and adults in removal proceedings.
ProBAR’s core services include:
- Representation before the immigration court, USCIS, and the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Legal orientations to help detained participants, from age 5 to adults, to understand and engage in their immigration proceedings
- Age-appropriate legal screenings with unaccompanied children
- Individual orientations for detained adults seeking additional information about their situations
- Pro se assistance
- Legal orientations for custodians of unaccompanied children
ProBAR staff assist clients with obtaining relief from deportation and/or release from detention. Our team has experience advocating for our clients as they seek:
- Immigrant Juvenile Status
- Cancellation of Removal
- Family-based petitions
- Other forms of applicable relief
How We Can Help
ProBAR’s primary clients are adults and children who have been in immigration detention in the Rio Grande Valley. Adults or unaccompanied children in removal proceedings (and their friends and family members) are welcome to call our office to receive general information about removal proceedings, bond or forms of legal relief from deportation. If we are unable to assist, we are happy to provide information about other non-profit legal service providers who might be able to help.
For questions related to adults in removal proceedings, please call 956-425-9231. Phones are answered from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For questions related to unaccompanied children, please call 956-365-3775. Phones are answered from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
202 S. 1st Street
Harlingen, TX 78550
United StatesPhone: (956) 425-9231Fax: (956) 425-9233
- Jim Hogg