If you would like to apply for Legal Assistance, please click the link below to fill out an online form. You can expect a reply within 2 business days. You may also contact us directly by calling (713) 646-2990.
Civil Practice Clinics are provided in the following areas of law
- Veteran's Rights
- Veterans Benefits
- Discharge Upgrades
- Legal issues related to military service.
- Family Law - Basic
- Divorces with minimal property and no children
- Family Law- Advanced
- Students represent clients in cases that present more advanced, mixed issues than found in a simple divorce with no children or any substantial property. Here client issues tend to focus on divorce joined with contested property, children and custody issues, parentage, grandparent access, post-judgment enforcement or modification, and state agency involvement. The Clinic also serves in court-appointed positions including amicus and ad litem appointments.
- Estate Planning
- Students represent clients with modest estate planning needs, preparing an array of documents for execution.
- Students represent clients in probate cases where the post-death transfer of property may involve an independent administration, dependent administration, muniment of title, determination of heirship, or small estate affidavit.
- Students represent a parent or close relative seeking the guardianship or guardianship alternatives of an incapacitated adult.
- Child Welfare
- Students work each semester on legal issues impacting children, which may range from special immigrant juvenile status cases to children in the foster care system.
Note - Since these are clinics we cannot guarantee that we will provide full representation if we take your case, but may be able to provide free advice and assistance.
The clinics cannot handle cases requiring immediate attention.
Address Not Disclosed
Houston, TX 77002
United StatesPhone: (713) 646-2990