Office of Consumer Affairs - Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Process for Handling Questions and Complaints
- We always let you know that we received your complaint.
- We review your complaint and tell you what we find – within the limits of confidentiality laws; and we can recommend ways to correct issues when warranted.
- We conduct formal reviews of a CPS investigation when the investigation concludes a person abused or neglected a child. This is handled through the OCA Review process.
How Do You Contact Us?
- Call 1 (800) 720-7777 during regular business hours.
- Online Form: Send your questions or complaints by filling in the required information on the Inquiry & Complaint Form
- Fax: 512-339-5892
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm