Jefferson County Bar Association - Veterans Legal Initiative
If you are a veteran with a question about legal services, contact:
- Melissa Kirchmer
- Veterans Legal Initiative Coordinator
- (409) 835-8647 or email@example.com
The financial guidelines have been adjusted for veterans allowing income up to 200 percent above the poverty level. All clinics and seminars are open to any Jefferson, Hardin, Orange, Liberty or Chambers County U.S. veteran or spouse of a deceased veteran free of charge.
The Veterans Legal Initiative provides basic legal services to Jefferson, Hardin, Orange, Liberty, and Chambers County U.S. veterans and the spouses of deceased veterans through
- FREE legal advice clinics throughout the year.
- Bi-monthly topic-specific legal seminars at the Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic.
- For veterans needing legal representation and who financially qualify, ProBono attorneys may be assigned.