Harris County Dispute Resolution Center
COVID-19 Changes: The Dispute Resolution Center (DRC) is closed while the current stay-home-work-safe order is in effect and no mediations will be conducted until further notice. We are unable to process online mediation requests at this time. ALL communication with the DRC should take place via email at email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Hours of Operation
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday - Friday
The following text is reproduced from their website:
- General Disputes (no lawsuit yet)
- This program is for the mediation of disputes before a lawsuit is filed (except divorce).
- Divorce (both with or without a lawsuit)
- This program is for the mediation of divorce disputes both before or after a lawsuit is filed.
- Common disputes in this program involve:
- Divorce - child: custody, visitation, support etc.
- Modification - child support, visitation etc.
- Grandparent Access / Custody
- Property Division - pre & post divorce
- LGBT - all issues associated with divorce
- Common Law separations
- Active Civil Cases (not divorce)
- This program is for the mediation of disputes after a lawsuit is filed.
- Common disputes in this program involve
- Debt Collection - formal loans, credit cards etc.
- Personal Injury - auto., premises etc.
- Insurance Claims - including subrogation
- Home Owner Association
- Appellate / Probate / Justice Court Matters
- Other Civil Matters
This program is for the mediation of disputes involving Children’s Protective Services, Juveniles, Special Education, Truancy, & Victim - Offender.
Common disputes in this program involve:
Child removal from the home
Juvenile issues - property damage, minor assault etc.
Year-round schooling, special education program eligibility etc.
Failure to attend school (truancy)
Minor assaults, property damage (by adult or minor)