Family Violence Prevention Services
Computer use can be monitored. If you are worried that researching your options might endanger you, delete your history, and hide phone records of contacting legal aid.
Contact our Crisis Hotline: (210) 733-8810, 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Note: If you are in an emergency dial 911.
The Battered Women and Children's Shelter
24-hour Crisis Intervention: You can call us for help any time of the day or night
Individual and Group Counseling for Women and Children
On-site Attorneys for Legal Assistance
On-site School for Children (Pre-K – Grade 12)
On-site Adult Education
Case Management Services
On-site Primary Medical and Dental Care
FVPS Non-Residential Programs
- Counseling Services for Women, Men, and Children
- Children’s Services Program developed for the specific emotional and social needs of children
- Violence Intervention Program teaching men and women who have abused their partners to change their behavior
- Transitional Housing Program
- P.O.W.E.R. Program (Providing Options With Educational Resources) offering GED, ESL, Computer Literacy, and Banking Basics Education
- Youth Substance Abuse Intervention Program serving juvenile court and school-referred adolescents and their families
- Community Based Counseling Program providing individual counseling services to residents of all San Antonio homeless shelters
- Legal Services Program providing free legal assistance to income-eligible victims of domestic violence
- Court Liaison Program linking victims involved with the legal system to professional intervention, and helping families work with the Court
- Sexual Assault Resouces – For information on Megan's Law and the Crime Victims Center (PFML/CVC) and issues related to sex offender management and sexual assault prevention, please visit Parents for Megan's Law.
- Middle Way Parenting Program. Free for teen mothers and mothers referred by Child Protective Services.
- Celebrating Families: 16 week Program for Family Drug Court and CPS families learning to break the cycle of chemical dependency, abuse, and domestic violence.
English, Spanish, For other languages, interpreters are provided upon request.