Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS)
Monday- Thursday: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Friday 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Closed all day on the last friday of every Month.
Consultations for the following services are available on a first come, first served basis, Monday through Thursday. Please arrive before 9:30am and bring the following:
- General Legal Services:
- For Residency Consultations: Bring all original marriage, divorce, birth and death certificates.
- For Naturalization Consultations: Bring Residency Card, Social Security Card, & State-Issued ID card.
- Removal (Deportation) Defense: Bring all original marriage, divorce, birth and death certificates, Notice to Appear, Notice of Hearing, A#, and any other related documents.
Please arrive early as spaces tend to fill quickly.
Services through the following programs are provided by appointment only and can be made by calling the following extensions:
- Crime Victims: Extension 215
- Refugee Resettlement: Extension 229
- Religious Workers: Extension 248
- Unaccompanied Minors: Extension 240
Consultation Cost: $50
Consultation (Removal Defense): $75 per case
Diocesan Migrant & Refugee Services, Inc. (DMRS) is the largest provider of free and low cost immigration legal services in West Texas and New Mexico. We provide a comprehensive range of immigration legal services including representation in family-based immigration matters, Citizenship/Naturalization matters, matters related to benefits for survivors of domestic violence and other crimes, removal proceedings before the Immigration Courts, refugee resettlement services, and services for adults and unaccompanied immigrant children detained in the local immigration detention centers and shelters. DMRS has been serving the immigrant community since 1986.
- Proof of Household Income (Bring one of the following):
- Public Benefits (Food Stamps, TANF, etc.) Award Letter, OR
- Employment Verification Letter dated within the last 30 days. The letter MUST state your current rate of pay, frequency of pay, average hours worked, and date of hire, OR
- SSI, Retirement, Disability, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, etc. Award Letter
- Proof of Texas Residence (Bring one of the following):
- Lease or Rental Agreement/Mortgage Statement/Property Tax Statement, OR
- Two (2) current utility bills/household bills
What if I have an emergency?
If you have an emergency please contact us by calling 915-532-3975 as soon as possible.
Make sure to let the intake worker know about any urgent deadlines. All conversations are confidential.