Baylor Law School - Veterans Clinic
Since its inception, the Baylor Law School Veterans Clinic has provided free legal advice to hundreds of local veterans. At monthly clinics, Baylor Law students assist local attorneys in providing legal assistance to military veterans at the Heart of Texas Veterans One Stop.
Baylor Law School's Veterans Clinic helps veterans and their spouses with many civil legal issues.
At the monthly clinics, student and attorney volunteers participate to provide advice, counsel, and legal analysis for veterans and their spouses. Those cases that require further representation are referred to volunteer attorneys on a pro bono basis. Additionally, some cases are handled internally by Baylor Law students under attorney supervision.
If you have an emergency involving domestic violence, please get in touch with the clinic as soon as you are able to do so safely.
Make sure to let the intake worker know about any urgent deadlines.
2010 La Salle Avenue
Waco, TX 76706
United StatesPhone: (254) 710-4244Fax: (254) 710-4006
Areas of Expertise
- Child Custody & Visitation
- Child Support & Medical Support
- Family, Divorce & Children
- Child Protective Services (CPS)
- Grandparents & Other Nonparent Caregivers
- Annulment & Void Marriages
- Court How-Tos (Civil Procedure)
- Criminal Records & Traffic
- Court Fines & Traffic Tickets
- Money & Debt
- Wills & Estate Planning
- Small Estates (Transferring Property When Someone Dies)
- Debt Collection & Payday Loans
- Identity Theft
- Small Claims
- Retirement & Pensions
- Disaster Relief
- Veterans & Military
- Benefits for Veterans & Military Families
- Legal Protections While on Active Duty
- Family Law & Military Families
- Discharge & Discharge Upgrades
- Service Characterization
- Exempt Property
- House & Apartment