hide my visit

Required Disclosures in SAPCRs and Modifications

If you are filing a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship or Petition to Modify the Parent-Child Relationship to after January 1, 2021, you must give the other party or parties this information—whether they ask for it or not. This is part of the discovery process. This is required unless the parties agree otherwise, or the court lets you waive it. 

You can give them a hard copy of the information or electronic copies. 

You can print this out to use as a checklist for broad categories, although you can complete this form to give to the other party. You can also use this tool from Lone Star Legal Aid to help you fill out the initial disclosure forms.

This information and these documents must be exchanged no later than 30 days after an appearance—for example, an answer, counterpetition, or waiver of service—is filed. 

To calculate the deadline (1) find the day the answer was filed with the clerk, (2) look at it on a calendar, (3) count out 30 more days (including weekends and holidays). You must give your materials to that party on or before this date.

The checklist below is a general guide.

Complete and give this form to the other side.


Hide Checklist

Parties and witnesses.

As part of the required disclosures under Texas Rules of Civil Procedure 194.2, you need to give the other party or parties the correct names and addresses of parties to the lawsuit—your name and contact information, including your mailing address and phone number, and contact information for anyone else involved.

List the full names and dates of birth of the children.

You also need to give the other side the names, phone numbers, and addresses of potential witnesses—that is, people with knowledge of relevant facts. If this case is contested, this list could include: family members, neighbors, teachers, doctors, counselors, employers, and financial advisors, among others.

This may not apply in a family violence situation. See Domestic Violence: Free Legal Help for Victims and Survivors for help finding a lawyer, because you should talk to a lawyer familiar with family violence law to determine whether or not you need to disclose this information.



Gather up documents related to insurance. This includes all statements or policies for each current life, casualty, liability, and health insurance policy.

If the case involves child support, you will also need information about all policies, statements, and the summary description of benefits for any medical and health insurance coverage that is or would be available for the child.


Tax information (if child or spousal support is at issue)

In a suit in which child support is at issue, you must, without being asked, give the other party:

  • your income tax returns for the previous two years or, if no return has been filed, your Form W-2, Form 1099, and Schedule K-1 for the past two years; and
  • your two most recent payroll check stubs. 

(Note that this doesn't apply in child support cases filed by or against the Texas Office of the Attorney General.)