Where can I find an all-in-one guide to the laws affecting senior citizens?
Written by the Texas Young Lawyers Association, this packet is intended as an all-in-one guide to the laws that affect senior citizens in Texas.
Topics addressed in TYLA's brochure include:
- Social Security Benefits
- Financial Assistance for Seniors (Electric Bill, Homestead Exemption, etc.)
- Choosing Where to Live (Housing Options - Nursing Homes etc.)
- Health Benefits (Medicare, Medigap, Medicaid, and Long Term Medicaid etc.)
- Planning Ahead - Incapacities, Disabilities and Dying (Power of Attorney, HIPAA and Medical Records, Living Will, Guardianship, Living Trust)
- Wills, Estate Planning, and Other Probate Information
- Employment Discrimination
- Getting Around
- Handling Elder Abuse
- Avoiding Consumer Scams and Identity Theft
- Getting Divorced Or Remarried
- Raising Your Grandchildren
- Getting Legal Assistance
Click the link below for the full brochure.
This TexasLawHelp.org article highlights a handbook on Texas elder law. The Elder Law Handbook covers information such as powers of attorney, guard...
The Texas Kincare Primer gives grandparents and non-parents resources and information for childcare.
This article provides information about advance directives.
This article tells you about Powers of Attorney. What they can and cannot do, how to revoke them, and more. This article was written by Texas RioGr...
This article tells you about the law about what happens to your property after you die. The Texas Probate Passport” has been prepared by the Texas ...