Resources for Safety Planning: Information to Help Build an Abusive Relationship Safety Plan - Lone Star Legal Aid video
This video, "Resources for Safety Planning: Information to Help Build an Abusive Relationship Safety Plan," was created by Lone Star Legal Aid in the context of the COVID-19 crisis.
This video talks about how to find resources you can use when you are building your safety plan to leave an abusive relationship. Although it focuses most on the Houston, Texas, area, it gives an overview of places you can turn to for help if you leave, or are planning to leave, a dangerous situation. such as:
- Finding shelters and domestic violence centers (call for availability ahead of time)
- United Way of Texas (2-1-1)
- Gettting public benefits
- Programs such as SNAP and WIC are still accepting applications during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Getting food
- Food pantries, through nonprofits and churches, might be an option.
- The Texas Crime Victim Legal Assistance Network (online directory of providers for victims of crime to find the legal services they need)
- Legal aid organizations such as Lone Star Legal Aid, which created this video.