Renter's Rights After a Disaster
Eviction & Other Landlord Issues
Information on renter's rights post-disaster
Lonestar Legal Aid has created a guide to help renters know and protect their rights after a disaster.
Who is the guide for?
This guide is for:
- Renters who have to move due to a disaster
- Renters who need their landlords to make repairs after a disaster
What does the guide include?
The guide includes:
- How to document damage
- How to break your lease is your home is uninhabitable
- How to request repairs
- Your rights to your security deposit
- Additional helpful resources
Get the guide.
You can view and download the Renter's Rights After a Disaster guide at the Lonestar Legal Aid website.