What are the requirements for marrying when one or both parties is under the age of 18?
What is necessary for a person under 18 years of age to apply for a marriage license?
A person under 18 years of age applying for a marriage license must:
- Appear before the county clerk;
- Submit proof of identity and age;
- Provide the information required in the application for a marriage license;
- Provide the clerk with a certified copy of the court order removing the disabilities of minority of the person for general purposes; and
- Take the oath printed on the application for a marriage license and sign the application before the county clerk.
(Starting September 1, 2021, you may be able to apply for a marriage license remotely.)