Skip to main content

Local Rent Assistance

Eviction & Other Landlord Issues

City and county rent assistance programs in Texas. Availability may vary.

See local rent assistance programs below. Funding availability may vary. Be sure to check all available resources. Some program applications require landlord participation. Others do not.

For additional resources, visit Help for Texans or 2-1-1 Texas. You may also wish to contact your local government to see what help may be available.

City Programs


Austin (seealso)


Fort Worth

Houston (closed indefinitely, but see also Northwest Assistance Ministries)


Lewisville (for tenants age 62 and up)

San Angelo (Get an application for the Homeless Prevention Program at 52 W. College Avenue, Floor 2. Contact the Community & Housing Support Division for eligibility guidelines and other information: 325-655-0824 or

San Antonio (Also see SAMMinistries)

Tyler (PATH)

County Programs

Bexar County (See SAMMinistries)

El Paso County

Galveston County: Call Mainland Community Partnership at 409-643-8240

Hardin County (through Legacy CDC): Call 409-832-2723 or 409-832-2723

Jefferson County (through Legacy CDC): Call 409-832-2723 or 409-832-2723

Orange County (through Legacy CDC): Call 409-832-2723 or 409-832-2723

Tarrant County

Regional Programs

Other Resources

If you have already been sued for eviction.

See how to file an Answer to help protect your rights and tell the court about possible defenses.

Related Guides

  • Eviction Answer

    Eviction & Other Landlord Issues

    How to answer an eviction suit.
  • Related Articles