12. Do NOT ignore the officer
13. Answer any questions to the best of your ability
14. If the officer asks you to get out of the vehicle, immediately comply with the officers request
15. Do NOT touch the officers weapon
16. Do NOT resist arrest
17. Confirm with the officer that you are free to go before starting your car and pulling off.
18. If you are arrested, clearly and immediately ask for a lawyer. Repeat your request for a lawyer as many times as necessary
19. Do not discuss the incident with the officer or anyone else until you have spoken with a lawyer
20. If you feel the officer is exceeding his authority or otherwise mistreating you, remember the officers badge number, write down the details of the incident as soon as possible and make a complaint via local law enforcement non-emergency hotline.