Help for Domestic Violence Victims and Survivors: Waiver of Utility Deposits
Survivors of family violence may have their service deposit fees waived for utilities—such as gas, electricity, and telephone service. This fee is usually required for establishing utility services.
In order to have these fees waived, a letter must be submitted to the service provider from:
- Family violence center personnel,
- Treating medical personnel,
- Law enforcement personnel,
- A Texas district or county attorney,
- A designee of the Office of the Attorney General Crime Services Division, or
- A grantee of the Texas Access to Justice Foundation.
Once this form has been filled out by one of the above, it generally should be sent directly to the service provider.