Help for Domestic Violence Victims and Survivors: Waiver of Utility Deposits
Victims of Family Violence who receive their electricity from a retail electric provider, may have their service deposit fee waived. This fee is usually required for establishing electric service.
In order to have these fees waived, a letter must be submitted to the retail electric provider from:
- Family violence center personnel,
- Treating medical personnel,
- Law enforcement personnel,
- A Texas District or County Attorney,
- The Office of the Attorney General OR
- A grantee of the Texas Equal Access to Justice Foundation.
Once this form has been filled out by one of the appropriate personnel listed above, it should be sent directly to your retail electric provider.