This video was created by Legal Aid of Northwest Texas. It addresses issues that come up during the COVID-19 crisis. The questions below are excerpted from the video.
This article was last updated on April 13, 2020.
COVID-19 and Family Violence FAQ - Legal Aid of Northwest Texas video
Family Violence FAQs Addressed in the Video
- What should I do if I want to leave an abusive situation right now?
- What is a protective order?
- Are there different types of protective orders?
- Are courts open now for getting protective orders?
- May I still file a protective order on my own during the pandemic if my court is closed to the public?
- What if I have children with my abuser?
- What about other types of cases besides protective orders? Are courts still hearing divorce and custody cases?
This article tells you how to get a protective order and protective orders can do.
This article provides information on emergency protective orders. This article is excerpted from the Texas Advocacy Project website.
This article tells you what sexual assault protective orders are and who can get one. This article was written by Advocates for Victims of Crime (A...
This article about kick-out orders was written by Legal Aid Society of Lubbock