COVID-19 Family Violence FAQs - Legal Aid of Northwest Texas
This video was created by Legal Aid of Northwest Texas. It addresses issues that come up during the COVID-19 crisis. The questions below are excerpted from the video.
This article was last updated on April 13, 2020.
- What should I do if I want to leave an abusive situation right now?
- What is a protective order?
- Are there different types of protective orders?
- Are courts open now for getting protective orders?
- May I still file a protective order on my own during the pandemic if my court is closed to the public?
- What if I have children with my abuser?
- What about other types of cases besides protective orders? Are courts still hearing divorce and custody cases?