Can anyone get an ODL?
No. You cannot get an ODL if:
- You lost your driving privileges because of a mental or physical disability.
- You lost your driving privileges for failure to pay child support.
- You need it to drive a commercial motor vehicle.
- The judge thinks you do not have an essential need.
- The judge is worried about public safety.
- You have received two ODLs in the past 10 years after a conviction.
- You have a “hard suspension” waiting period due to a prior DWI arrest or conviction.