Property owners must be mindful after a disaster hits because they are at risk of becoming victims of contractor fraud. Lone Star Legal Aid's Avoiding Contractor Fraud guide includes checklists and tips for working with contractors after a disaster.
Who is the guide for?
This guide is for homeowners who want to hire someone to fix damage after a disaster.
What does the guide include?
The guide includes:
- How to plan a construction project
- How to choose a contractor
- How to get and review contractor bids
- How to review a construction contract
- The final steps you need to take to make sure the project is complete
- Additional helpful resources
Get the guide.
View and download the Avoiding Contract Fraud guide.
This is a resource for Texans hiring construction professionals to help rebuild in the wake of natural disasters.
Identify and avoid home repair scams.
Filing insurance claims after a disaster.