Skip to main content

Agreed Divorce with No Children, No House, and No Land: Texas Supreme Court-Approved Form Set

Family, Divorce & Children

In Texas, there are divorce forms for parties who agree on everything and have no children or real estate.

This article explains getting a divorce when you and your spouse: 

  • Agree to the terms of the divorce 

  • Do not have any children together and

  • Do not have a house or any other land to divide.

Forms and guided forms are included.

What is included in this form set?

There are instructions and ten forms that are approved by the Supreme Court of Texas for divorce cases with no children involved and no house or land to divide. These forms are: 

  • Affidavit of Indigency 
  • Original Petition for Divorce 
  • Waiver of Service
  • Final Decree of Divorce
  • Certificate of Last Known Address
  • Notice of Change of Address, and
  • Affidavit of Military Status

You can print the instructions and forms to use as a checklist and fill out and file the forms with the court.

If you would like to use guided forms, you can use eFileTexas to complete and file your starting forms. You will then use eFileTexas to complete and file the forms to finish your divorce.

When should I not use the forms from this set?

Do not use this divorce form set if:

  • You and your spouse disagree about any issue in your divorce. 
  • You or your spouse wants to file specific grounds for divorce, such as cruelty or adultery. This Set provides for a no-fault divorce, for example, you do not get along and do not plan to get back together.
  • The wife is pregnant, even if the husband is not the father.
  • The wife has had a child by another man since the date of marriage.
  • You and your spouse have a disabled child, regardless of that child’s age.
  • You and your spouse have a biological or adopted child together who is either under 18 years old or who is 18 years old and still in high school.
  • You or your spouse wants spousal support or maintenance, referred to as “alimony” in some states. 
  • You or your spouse owns or is buying real property (such as a house, building, piece of land, or other real estate).
  • You or your spouse has an ongoing bankruptcy case.

If you have children involved in your divorce, you cannot use these forms. You should use the Divorce with Minor Children guide.

If you have no children but do have real property (house or land) to divide in your divorce, you cannot use these forms. You should use the Divorce with No Minor Children guide. 

When can I use this form set?

Use this divorce form set if:

  • Nothing in the above “Do Not Use This Divorce Set” section applies to you.
  • You think you and your spouse will agree on every issue in your divorce or you do not think your spouse will participate in the divorce process.
  • You or your spouse has lived in Texas for at least six months and in the county where you are filing for divorce for at least 90 days.
    • Immigrants: You may file for divorce in Texas even if you do not have legal status in the United States if you have lived in Texas and in your county for the above time periods.
    • Military Families: If you are serving in the armed forces outside of Texas, or you have accompanied your spouse who is serving in the armed forces outside of Texas, you may still use these forms if Texas has been the home state for either spouse for at least six months and the county where you plan to file the divorce has been the home county of either spouse for at least 90 days.

I have questions, where can I get help?

Is there anything else important I should know?

The information and forms in this article and linked forms are not legal advice and are not a substitute for the help of a lawyer. It is a good idea to talk with a lawyer about your particular situation.

WARNING! Effective January 1, 2021, once a party to a family law case (like a custody modification case) files an answer, both sides usually will be obligated to exchange certain information and documents within 30 days. Talk to a lawyer about exceptions to this rule. The form is called Required Initial Disclosures in Dissolutions of Marriage.

Related Articles

Related Forms

  • Divorce Set 1 Uncontested, No Minor Children, No Real Property - Supreme Court of Texas Approved Form Set

    Texas Supreme Court-approved divorce form set, with Affidavit of Indigency, Original Petition for Divorce, Waiver of Service, Final Decree of Divor...