Texas Veterans Legal Aid Week
November 10 – 14, 2014
In honor of Veteran’s Day, legal aid programs, local bar associations, law schools and pro bono private lawyers will take part in a coordinated effort of the Texas Access to Justice Foundation to serve the civil legal needs of Texas Veterans.
Clinics and workshops will be held througout the state during Texas Veterans Legal Aid Week (TVLAW) to meet the increasing demand of services.
Like and Follow us on:
Find a Veteran's Legal Aid Program in Your Area
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco
- The Beacon, Houston
- Community Justice Program, San Antonio
- Fort Bend Lawyers Care, Richmond
- Houston Bar Foundation, Houston
- Jefferson County Bar Foundation, Beaumont
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Fort Worth (also includes Dallas, Panhandle)
- Lone Star Legal Aid, Houston (includes East Texas)
- Oficina Legal del Pueblo Unido Inc. (Texas Civil Rights Project), Austin, South Texas
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Fort Worth
- Texas Legal Services Center, Austin (Statewide)
Click "Play" to watch an interview on the importance of legal aid for veterans.
Find Texas Veterans Legal Aid Week Activities
- Texas Vets Deserve Access to Justice System - Fort Worth Star Telegram op-ed by Chief Justice Nathan Hecht and Thomas Palladino, Texas Veterans Commission.
- Many stand ready to help struggling veterans with legal help - Chief Justice Nathan Hecht and Thomas Palladino - Waco Tribune-Herald
Legal aid services can help qualified veterans achieve economic security, avoid homelessness and promote stability within their family relationships.
- Denial of critical medical care
- Problems receiving benefits
- Legal issues related to disabilities
- Family law matters arising from deployment, and
- Other issues that may arise due to a veteran’s absence from home during military service