Free Legal Help for Texas Veterans
Are you a veteran in need legal assistance?
Lone Star Legal Aid and the Texas Legal Service Center's Veterans Legal Assistance Project have partnered to provide free legal help to low-income Texas Veterans. Help is available on a wide variety of issues from discharge upgrades to divorce and more.
Find a Veteran's Legal Aid Program in Your Area
- Austin Bar Foundation
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco
- Beacon Law Houston
- Community Justice Program, San Antonio
- Fort Bend Lawyers Care, Richmond
- Houston Bar Foundation, Houston
- Jefferson County Bar Foundation, Beaumont
- Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Fort Worth (also includes Dallas, Panhandle)
- Lone Star Legal Aid, Houston (includes East Texas)
- Oficina Legal del Pueblo Unido Inc. (Texas Civil Rights Project), Austin, South Texas
- South Texas College of Law - Clinic - Houston
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Fort Worth
- Texas A&M Research Foundation - Law School Clinic - Fort Worth
- Texas Legal Services Center, Austin (Statewide)
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
- TexasLawyers for Texas Veterans
Interactive Map of Veterans Week Activities
Click the Red arrow place markers for more information on each event. Make sure to pay attention to when each event is being held.
Find Texas Veterans Legal Aid Week Activities
Veterans FREE Live Chat and Legal Hotline
Are you a Veteran with legal questions? From 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday through Friday, TexasLawHelp has FREE answers!
Just click the green button at the bottom right hand corner of the page. It looks like the button below!
For a free legal hotline to help on your issues simply call 1-800-622-2520. Select Option 2 for the Veterans Assistance Program.
Legal aid services can help qualified veterans achieve economic security, avoid homelessness and promote stability within their family relationships. Legal Aid can also help with issues involving:
- Problems receiving benefits
- Family law matters arising from deployment, and
- Other issues that may arise due to a veteran’s absence from home during military service