Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity

Authored By: Office of the Attorney General Texas
Information Link


If you are not married to the father of your child but you want him listed as the legal father on the birth certificate, this information will help you complete all of the steps necessary to file an acknowledgment of paternity.

Click the link below to download instructions and forms for voluntary acknowledgment of paternity.

Last Review and Update: Jun 13, 2015