Read this in:
Spanish / Español

You are instructed to consult a lawyer before using one of these forms.  No warranty or representation is made that any of these forms will accomplish your legal need.  Before using any of these forms, please read the disclaimer.  Important: contact your court clerk to see if the forms are acceptable in your county.  To find court clerk information, please use the Texas Civil Courts Guide.

TEXASLAWHELP.ORG FORMS ARE FREE -- you should never pay anyone for use of our forms.  If you have been charged for use of any of these forms, please email . Please note, that libraries can charge a small fee for printing forms. Please see the Library Printing Policy for more information on this.

For more information, use our LiveHelp chat feature Monday through Friday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.

 Forms and Information



1.Divorce in Texas


2. Additional Instructions for Travis County Divorces


  Protective Order

1.     Protective Order Kit  

A protective order is a court order that may protect you from someone who has been violent or threatened to be violent.  You can use this kit to ask for a protective order.  You may also be able to get help asking for a protective order from your local district or county attorney’s office or legal aid office.  Contact the Family Violence Legal Line: 1-800-374-HOPE (4673) for information about help available in your area. 


1. Annulment
Texas law on annulment and forms.

 Name Change

1. Name Change Adult
For people age 18 and older.

2.  Name Change Child
Both parents agree about the name change of their child.


Income Withholding for Support.

The Income Withholding for Support Order (IWO) form approved by the federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) must now be used in all cases in which child support, cash medical support or spousal support/maintenance is ordered withheld from an employee’s paycheck. No other IWO form can be used.

1. SAPCR (Suits Affecting the Parent - Child Relationship)

How to ask the court for custody, visitation, child support, and medical support orders, when you're not getting divorced and paternity of the children has been established. Under special conditions, a SAPCR can be used by a non-parent to ask the court for custody of a child.

2. Changing a Court Order

How to change a court order for custody, visitation, child support or medical support.

3. Paternity

How to establish paternity of a child.

4. Mistaken Paternity

How to take back or challenge an Acknowledgment of Paternity or Denial of Paternity. How to terminate the parent-child relationship between you and a child based on genetic testing that proves you’re not the father.

5. Termination of Withholding for Child Support

How to stop child support from being withheld from your paycheck because child support is no longer required in your case.

6. Visitation Enforcement Kit

If you have a Texas court order that allows you to spend time with your children, but the other parent won't follow the order, this visitation kit may help you enforce that order.


   Other Forms

1. Occupational Driver's License
How to request a court-ordered, restricted driving license, when your license has been suspended.

2. Expunction of Arrest Record - Not Available  - Undergoing Updates
How and when you can clear your arrest record.

3. Voluntary Dismissal ( Nonsuit ) Information Sheet and Forms
How to ask the Court to dismiss a case you filed.

4. Transfer on Death Deed
Forms, Instructions, and Information.

5. Notice of Current Address and Notice of Employer's Address
Form used to tell the court and other parties in the case that your address has changed or that your employer or employer's address has changed.


Fee Waiver

1. Statement of Inability to Afford Payment of Court Costs

Use this form to ask the court to waive court fees because you have a very low income.  


Giving Notice

1. Legal Notice
How to give the other party legal notice that you filed a case in court (also called Service of Citation or Service of Process).

2. Substitute Service

How to ask the court to allow alternate methods of service when attempts to serve the respondent have failed.

3. Service by Posting
How to serve your spouse with legal notice when you cannot find your spouse and there are no children.

4. Service by Publication
How to serve the other parent with legal notice of a case involving children, including a divorce with children, when you cannot find the other parent.



1. Civil Answer and Answer Information Sheet. 

2. DWOP  
How to reinstate your case if it is "Dismissed for Want of Prosecution" (DWOP).



1. Default Judgment Kit

How to finish a case when the Respondent is properly served and does not file an Answer.

2. Nunc Pro Tunc

How to correct a clerical mistake in a judgment.   


3. Nondisclosure

How and when you can ask for a court order that:

a) prohibits disclosure of your criminal record by certain public entities such as the court or police department and

b) legally frees you from disclosing information about your criminal record on job applications.



1. Unsworn Declaration

You may complete, sign and attach an Unsworn Declaration to a document instead of signing the document in front of a notary. When you sign an Unsworn Declaration you declare under penalty of perjury that the information provided is true and correct. See Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Section 132.001.
Note: You may not use an Unsworn Declaration with a Waiver of Service in a Divorce case.

2. General Affidavit
A sworn written statement, signed in front of a notary public.



Last Review and Update: Sep 23, 2016