Read this in:
Spanish / Español

Divorce in Texas without Children

The following forms may be used to file or respond to a divorce without* children in Texas. You may need one or more of these forms depending on your role in the case.

You may also need additional forms. For example, you will need additional forms if you and/or your spouse have valuable assets such as a retirement, pension or 401(k) account, land, house, or business. You will need additional forms if you need temporary orders regarding spousal support and/or use of property or payment of debts while the divorce is pending. You will need additional forms if you want to ask for spousal maintenance (spousal support that continues after the divorce is final.) A lawyer can help you draft any additional forms you may need.

Try to talk to a lawyer before you file anything. Talking with a lawyer now can save you time and money in the long run. You can hire a lawyer just to give you advice, review your forms, draft documents or help you prepare for a hearing. For help finding a lawyer, contact your local lawyer referral service or the Lawyer Referral Information Service at http://www.texasbar.com/ or 1-800-252-9690. To find the nearest Legal Aid office, go to http://www.texaslawhelp.org/ and click on “Find Legal Assistance.”

Help for Victims of Domestic Violence: If you are a victim of domestic violence call the Family Violence Legal Line at 1-800-374-HOPE (4873) for help.

*Note:   You may use these forms for a divorce with children if ALL of the following apply: 1)there is a final court order for custody and support of your children 2) you are not asking the court to make changes to that order and 3) the court that signed the final order for custody and support is located in a different county than the court where you will be filing for your divorce. You will eedto attach a copy of the order regarding your children to the Divorce No Children forms.  



  1. Instructions – The Uncontested Divorce Process in Texas.
  2. Petition for Divorce (filed by one spouse to start the divorce process)
  3. Waiver of Service or Answer (filed by the other spouse)
  4. Final Decree of Divorce (filled out for the Judge to sign)
  5. Sample Testimony – Divorce Without Children
    OR Sample Testimony – Divorce with Prior Final Order For Children

  6. Vital Statistics form (required in all divorces, file with District Clerk when divorce is finished)

*Vital Statistics must be printed on one page – front and back.  A hard copy of this form may be available at your District Clerk’s office. 


Click here to print forms 1-4 


PRINTING? Forms must be printed on one side only, except the Vital Statistics form which must be printed on one page – front and back.


Click "Play" To watch an informative and useful video on going through the legal system.




Click "Play" To watch an informative and useful video on representing yourself in court.




If you need more help, click here to chat with a Live Chat Specialist. If the service is offline, please leave a message and a live chat specialist will be in touch with you as soon as possible.