Default - How to Finish a No-Answer Default Case

A Petitioner can finish a family law case by default (without the Respondent’s participation), if the Respondent is properly served and does not file an Answer or otherwise appear in the case. This is called a no answer default.*

Instructions:   How to Finish a No-Answer Default Case

Form 1:            Certificate of Last Known Address

Form 2:            Military Status Declaration or Military Status Affidavit           

Print Instructions and both Forms.


Note: In Harris County, and some other Texas counties, you must use the Military Status Affidavit form instead of the Military Status Declaration form.

Last Review and Update: Apr 28, 2017