Texas Free Legal Forms, Law, Pro Bono Help Finder, and Resources
Read this in:
Spanish / Español

Click here for: Instructions and Forms for Agreed Child's Name Change


Who can use these forms to change a child's name?

Any parent or conservator or any person who has a legal relationship to the child must join in the petition to change the child's name. This means both the child's mother and father have to agree to the name change, along with any other person who has ever been given legal rights to the child in a court order.


Additionally, if the child is over 10 years old, the child must agree to the name change, in writing.


If all parties do not agree, then these forms should not be used. The child's name can still be changed, just not with these forms.