About TexasLawHelp.org LiveHelp
Authored By: TexasLawHelp.org
Can't find the legal information that you need on TexasLawHelp.org? Need help with disaster relief information? Use LiveHelp to talk to a TexasLawHelp.org website specialist.
What is LiveHelp?
LiveHelp is an instant online chat service. Fill out the brief questionnaire and then type in your question. It will be sent immediately to a TexasLawHelp.org website specialist. Our website specialists will respond to you with the best available information.
Who will I chat with?
You chat with staff or volunteers from Texas Legal Services Center (for website help) or from Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program (for disaster relief).
The staff and volunteers have been trained to help find information on TexasLawHelp.org.
Who may use LiveHelp?
LiveHelp is for low- and moderate-income visitors to Texas LawHelp.org.
When is LiveHelp available?
LiveHelp is usually available
• Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Central) for help using the website and general legal information
When LiveHelp is not available, please fill out the message box and it will be emailed to a LiveHelp specialist.
How does LiveHelp work?
LiveHelp is convenient and easy to use. Just click on the "Need help finding information? Click here to chat with a live person" button on the TexasLawHelp.org home page to begin.
You do not need to download or install software.
What does LiveHelp cost?
LiveHelp is free! We offer LiveHelp as a service to TexasLawHelp.org visitors.
What personal information do we ask for?
Is LiveHelp Section 508 compliant?
LiveHelp uses LivePerson's Timpani software, which meets all current guidelines for compliance with Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C.-794d) and ADA Guidelines. The LivePerson software is designed to work with standard assistive technology hardware (such as specialty keyboards and Braille readers) as well as operating system technologies (such as stickykeys and mousekeys.) For more information about LivePerson and accessibility, please visit the LivePerson Web site.
Having trouble using LiveHelp?
You don't need to install any software or plug-ins to use LiveHelp. You do need an Internet connection and one of the following Web browsers:
• For Windows: Internet Explorer 5.5 and 6.0 or higher; Firefox 1.0.7 or higher; or Netscape 4.7 or higher
• For Apple Mac users: Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher; Netscape 4.7 or higher; Firefox 1.0.7 or higher; or Safari 1.0 v. 85 or higher.
What information does LiveHelp collect?
LiveHelp collects information, such as
• information about the computer, browser, and Internet Service Provider that you use;
• the date and time when you visit;
• the pages on TexasLawHelp.org that you visit; and
• other information you give to the Web site specialist and in the LiveHelp survey.
How do you use the information that you collect?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others. LiveHelp staff may use the information
• to train Web site specialists,
• to evaluate LiveHelp,
• to report on the project's success, and
• to perform other administrative tasks.
We will remove any information that someone could use to identify you before we use the information.
Do we share the information we collect online?
No, we do not share any information about you unless we are required by law to share.
Are the chat sessions encrypted?
Yes, LivePerson uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to encode information as it goes between the TexasLawHelp.org website specialist and the website visitor.