Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas
Who We Are
Get Help If you need help with a civil legal problem, you can Come to an evening legal clinic to get free legal advice from an attorney and apply for legal services through Texas RioGrande Legal Aid. Click on Free Legal Advice for details. Find links to other legal and social service providers that have helpful information for your situation. Click on Helpful Links to find organizations that may be helpful. Please Note: VLS does not provide services for criminal matters. This website is intended for use by individuals living in Travis County, Texas or who have a case that could be litigated in Travis County, Texas. Forms and information may differ for individuals residing in different counties in Texas. This website is not intended for use by individuals who do not live in Texas because the laws may be different in another state.
Who We Serve
- Travis County
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
for office visits and court hearings
- Income Guidelines
Assets. Use LSC requirements.
125%-187.5% of Federal Poverty Level
transcription, depositions, discovery, translation -anything that is not covered by the pauper's affadavit.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: Prisoner; Community Groups
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Self-Help Materials
- Emergency Instructions
What is an Emergency? only for cases currently waiting for placement with volunteer attorney